Place Called Sacramento Film Festival
2016 TIMELINE FOR "A Place Called Sacramento" WORKSHOP EVENTS AND DEADLINES
Announce 2016 Call for Scripts…Wednesday, February 3, 2016
Workshop – “Short Form Script Writing" workshop with Diana Erwin Four, 4-hour classes on writing “short form” film scripts. Polish your PCS entry or further your film writing skills. Starts – Saturday – February 20- March 19 from 10am-1:00pm – limited enrollment - $50 Fee Coloma Center Register in Access Sac Office
- Workshop “Short Film Production Tips” recommend: Cam/Editing Certification Film and Television production is a “team sport”. Efficient planning, selecting the right cast and crew, knowing how to pull many schedules together, and a thousand other questions must be addressed to complete even a short movie. Come learn this and more. Four, 4-hour classes. Starts – Saturday, April 16 – May 7 from 11am – 3:00pm – Limited enrollment $50 Fee
- PCS Script Deadline... Friday April 1 (5PM) Access Sacramento Office
- PCS Script Judging… April 4 - April 22, 2016
- Script Winners must submit final Tag lines and website info, FB, etc. by May 1.
- Cast and Crew Call…Wednesday May 11, 2016 (6:00 PM – 8:30 PM)Join with hundreds of interested cast and crewmembers to meet the selected screenwriters and hear their stories. You can help make a movie! Production teams are formed and interested actors create a PCS “audition tape”.
- Workshop “PCS Production Planning” Saturday May 14 (9 AM – Noon) The ten teams gather to receive further instructions, production tips, and share ideas. Participants invited shall include key members of each production team.
- Workshop “Acting for the Camera” Saturday May 21 (9AM – 5PM)(Bring your own lunch) Taught by Charlie Holliday of Mozaic Studios.9am – 12noon classroom training and tips then 1pm-5pm in the studio for on-camera training and tips from Charlie who has lots of experience to share.
- Make-Up Workshop June 4 (9 AM – 1PM) Learn tips, tricks and make-up techniques that will have you looking (and feeling) good off- and on-camera.
- Script Graphic Due (First Promo picture for promotion)…….June 06, (5PM) This image will be used to promote the film on any promotional material such as print, web, brochures, etc. (Image dimensions must be 300dpi and at least 7x5)
- Workshop “Post-Production/Editing” … Saturday June 25 (9AM- Noon) As final editing approaches, teams learn some tips from the experts. Finalize your formatting, credits, and other questions needed to meet the deadline.
- Promotional Clip/Trailer –(1 minute) Tuesday August 9 (Noon Access Sac Office) This will be used to promote your film
- Deadline for Final PCS Films –Tuesday September 6 (Noon - Access Sac Office) Hard deadline, no excuses.
- Final Artwork Poster …..September 6 (5PM)
- 2016 PCS World Premiere… Saturday October 8, 2016 (7:00 PM) All completed films premiere on the Big Screen at the Crest. Invite your family, friends and strangers you want to impress… a great show about… a place called Sacramento!
2016 “A Place Called Sacramento” Film Project and Premiere
For the 17th year, Access Sacramento launches “A Place Called Sacramento” (PCS), a scriptwriting and short film production project for local writers and producers. PCS challenges local scriptwriters to write ten-minute scripts about the people, places, and events that make our community such a unique place to live (entry forms on-line at www.AccessSacramento.org). The deadline for script submission is 5pm Friday, April 1, 2016 in the Access Sacramento office.
To assist in the writing and production of the scripts, a series of workshops and script writing classes are held at the Coloma Center throughout February and March. This year PCS preparation offers four Saturday workshops - “Short Form Script Writing”, “Short Film Production Tips”, “Acting for the Camera” and “Make Up Basics”.
To enroll in any of the PCS workshops with a credit card, call 916-456-8600 ext. 0. Limited Seating. Advance enrollment required.
- Workshop – “Short Form Script Writing” with Diana Erwin Four, 4-hour classes on writing “short form” film scripts. Polish your PCS entry or further your film writing skills. Four, 3-hour classes. Session starts – 4 Saturdays February 20 – March 19 (One off) from 10am – 1:00pm – Limited enrollment $50 Fee
- Workshop “Short Film Production Tips” Film and Television production is a “team sport”. Efficient planning, selecting the right cast, and a thousand other questions must be addressed to complete even a short movie. Four, 4-hour classes. Session starts – Saturdays, April 16 – May 7 from 11am – 3:00pm Limited enrollment - $50 Fee
- Workshop “Acting for the Camera” with Charlie Holliday One Day Session – Saturday, May 28, 2016 from 9am – 5:00pm (Bring your own Lunch) 9am – 12noon classroom training and tips and then 1pm -5pm in the studio for on camera training and tips from Charlie who has lots of experience to share. Limited enrollment - $25 Fee
- Workshop “Make-Up Basics” One Day Session – June 4, 2016 from 9am – 1:00pm Learn tips, tricks and make-up techniques that will have you looking (and feeling) good off- and on-camera. Through demonstration and hands-on application, brush up on basic techniques to enhance and define your best features. This basic workshop will provide you with the confidence to experiment, and update your look. Bring your makeup and brushes to class. Limited enrollment - $35 Fee
To enroll in any of the above PCS workshops with a credit card, call 916-456-8600 ext. 0. Limited Seating. Advance enrollment required.
The PCS production format is unique to Sacramento. All PCS scripts entered are reviewed by local professionals and ten are selected. These ten scriptwriter/producers are then introduced to actors and production teams at the PCS “Cast and Crew Call” Wednesday, May 11, 2016. Production teams are formed and production commences during the summer months. Finally, friends gather at the 7:00 PM World Premiere to a packed house at the CREST Theatre on Saturday, October 8, 2016.
To view the films completed for the 2015 & previous PCS film festivals, go to the web site www.AccessSacramento.org or www.AccessLocal.tv
In the sixteen years of PCS, 157 short films have been created. Access Sacramento is a nonprofit, using community media tools and training, to improve local communications in Sacramento County. With our television studio, radio and television production equipment, media lab, mobile production truck, and other gear, we train volunteers and share their work on cable television channels 17 & 18, and cable radio plus KUBU 96.5 FM.
To enroll in any of the PCS workshops with a credit card, call 916-456-8600 ext. 0. Limited Seating. Advance enrollment required
Links to other pages and documents for "A Place Called Sacramento" Film Festival