Deadline - September 6, 2019
2019 "A Place Called Sacramento" - My Neighborhood Contest
Here's a chance to celebrate your Sacramento County, CA neighborhood on the big screen! Young filmmakers can use their phones and available technology to showcase where they live in two-minutes or less. Five to eight films will be displayed on the big screen during this three-day festival as Access Sacramento's "A Place Called Sacramento" Film Festival celebrates its 20th year.
Selected films will play at one of the two venues with the top film sharing the screen and stage at Sacramento's historic Crest Theatre on Oct. 5th during a world-premiere red-carpet showing. The winner shares the stage with 10 winning script writers who have spent the summer turning their screenplays into 10-minute films.
Consider what it's like living in Sacramento County, CA. What fun way can you showcase your neighborhood/city's social, economic, environmental or educational experience. How do these factors affect your life and the lives of those who live in your community?
Awards & Prizes
- Big screen playback at either the historic Crest Theater or at the Coloma Community Center.
- Special Certificate for the producer/director recognizing the selection for the Festival. (There are no cash prizes for this part of the Festival.)
- Two admission tickets per film on the night the film premieres.
- Recognition as the producer/director in the audience after the screening.
- Credit in the IMDB.com website as a festival film for names appearing on screen.
- Top four (4) project directors will receive a free 6-month Access Sacramento membership and free enrollment in one of the following workshop classes: Single-Camera Shooting and Editing (Eight 3-hour sessions) or TV Studio production (Six 3-hour sessions only on Saturday mornings). If any of the four winners is not 18-years-old at the time of the class, a parent or guardian will also be granted a free adult membership and must also attend the workshop/class. (Value: up to $120 each).
Rules & Terms
To quality for this Festival:
- Entrant must live in Sacramento County, CA.
- Entrant must be 24-years-old or less at the time of submission.
- Entry video must be two minutes or less (including any opening titles and closing credits.)
- Content must be original video (shot or created on equipment you operate) or be video you have written permission to use. To download a sample talent release form: http://bit.ly/30jPmHS
- All music and copyrighted material must be properly licensed.
- All content must be suitable for viewing by school age children.
- No profanity or graphic depictions of violence allowed.
- Adult supervision is permitted but film content should be conceived and produced as independently as possible by the youth filmmakers.
- Finalists and winners will be selected by Festival staff and a panel of industry professionals.
- By entering, you agree to have your submission shown during the festival, for it to be cablecast and streamed by Access Sacramento, for it to be posted to any of our websites, and distributed on YouTube or other social media sites without restriction.
Dates & Deadlines
Opening Date - July 7, 2019
Regular Deadline - September 6, 2019
Notification Date - September 13, 2019
Event Date - October 3 – 5, 2019
A Place Called Sacramento - My Neighborhood proudly accepts entries on FilmFreeway, the world's #1 way to enter film festivals and creative contests.
Click on the link to submit today.