20th Annual "A Place Called Sacramento" Film Festival official CALL FOR SCRIPTS!
Read below for the 2019 Timeline for "A Place Called Sacramento" Film Festival Workshop Events and Deadlines
For more information call us at (916) 456-8600 x0 To learn more about the films click the link above or to go to this last years' script winners.
2019 Timeline for "A Place Called Sacramento" Workshop Events & Deadlines
- Announce 2019 Call for Scripts
- Due Tuesday, January 25, 2019
- Workshop – “Short Form Script Writing" workshop
- Four, 4-hour classes on writing “short form” film scripts. Polish your PCS entry or further your film writing skills.
- Starts February 9 - March 2, 2019 from 10am - 2:00pm for four Saturdays – limited enrollment - $50 Fee - Coloma Center Register in Access Sacramento Office
- Workshop “Short Film Production Tips” recommend: Cam/Editing Certification
- Film and Television production is a “team sport”. Efficient planning, selecting the right cast and crew, knowing how to pull many schedules together, and a thousand other questions must be addressed to complete even a short movie. Come learn this and more.
- Starts Saturday, April 6 - April 27 from 11am – 3pm for four, 4-hour classes - limited enrollment - $50 Fee
- PCS Script Submission Deadline
- Tuesday March 19, 2019 at 5 pm
- Access Sacramento Office
- PCS Script Judging
- March 25 – April 15, 2019
- Script Winners must submit final tag lines and website info, FB, etc.
- Due May 3, 2019
- Cast and Crew Call
- Wednesday May 8, 2019 from 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM
- Join with hundreds of interested cast and crew-members to meet the selected screenwriters and hear their stories. You can help make a movie! Production teams are formed and interested actors create a PCS “audition tape”.
- Workshop “PCS Production Planning”
- Saturday, May 11 from 11 AM – 1 PM
- The ten teams gather to receive further instructions, production tips, and share ideas. Participants invited shall include key members of each production team.
- Make-Up Workshop
- May 18 from 10 AM – 2 PM
- Learn tips, tricks and make-up techniques that will have you looking (and feeling) good off- and on-camera.
- Workshop “Acting for the Camera”
- Saturday May 25 from 10 AM – 5:30 PM (Bring your own lunch)
- 10 am – 12 pm classroom training and tips, then 1pm-5pm in the studio for on-camera training and tips one of our area's most experienced Hollywood Actors and Acting coaches
- Script Graphic Due (First Promo picture for promotion)
- June 5 by 5 PM
- This image will be used to promote the film on any promotional material such as print, web, brochures, etc. (Image dimensions must be 300dpi and at least 7x5- Portrait).
- Workshop “Post-Production/Editing”
- Saturday June 22 from 10 AM - Noon
- As final editing approaches, teams learn some tips from the experts. Finalize your formatting, credits, and other questions needed to meet the deadline.
- Promotional Clip/Trailer –(1 minute)
- Tuesday August 6 by Noon at Access Sac Office
- This will be used to promote your film
- Deadline for Final PCS Films
- Tuesday September 3 by Noon at Access Sacramento Office - Hard deadline
- Final Artwork Poster
- September 5 by 5 PM
- 2018 PCS World Premiere
- Saturday October 5, 2019 by 7:00 PM
- All completed films premiere on the Big Screen at the Crest. Invite your family, friends and strangers you want to impress… a great show about… a place called Sacramento!
2019 “A Place Called Sacramento” Film Project & Premiere
For the 20th year, Access Sacramento launches “A Place Called Sacramento” (PCS), a scriptwriting and short film production project for local writers and producers. PCS challenges local scriptwriters to write ten-minute scripts about the people, places, and events that make our community such a unique place to live (entry forms on-line at www.AccessSacramento.org). The deadline for script submission is 5:00 pm Wednesday March 19, 2018 in the Access Sacramento office.
To assist in the writing and production of the scripts, a series of workshops and script writing classes are held at the Coloma Center throughout February and March. This year PCS preparation offers four Saturday workshops - "Short Form Script Writing", "Short Film Production Tips", "Acting for the Camera" and "Make Up Basics".
To enroll in any of the PCS workshops with a credit card, call 916-456-8600 ext. 0. Limited Seating. Advance enrollment required.
- Workshop - "Short Form Script Writing:
Four, 4-hour classes on writing "short form" film scripts. Polish your PCS entry or further your film writing skills. Session starts - Four Saturdays February 9 - March 2, 2019 from 10:00am - 2:00pm $50 Fee - limited enrollment
- Workshop “Short Film Production Tips” Recommended Access Sacramento member Cam/Editing Certification
Film and Television production is a "team sport." Efficient planning, selecting the right cast and crew, knowing how to pull many schedules together, framing a camera shot, getting great sound and a thousand other questions must be addressed to complete even a short movie. Come learn this and more. Four, 4-hour classes. Session starts - Saturdays, April 6 - April 27, 2019 from 11am - 3:00pm $50 Fee - limited enrollment
- Workshop "Make-Up Basics"
One Day Session - May 18, 2019 from 10 am - 2:00 pm
Learn tips, tricks and make-up techniques that will have you looking (and feeling) good off- and on-camera. Through demonstration and hands-on application, brush up on basic techniques to enhance and define your best features. This basic workshop will provide you with the confidence to experiment, and update your look. Bring your makeup and brushes to class. $50 Fee - limited enrollment
- Workshop “Acting for the Camera”
One Day Session - Saturday, May 25, 2019 from 10 am- 5:30 pm (Bring your own lunch) 10 am – 1 pm classroom training and tips then 2 pm-5:30pm in the studio for on-camera training and tips from one of our area's most experienced Hollywood Actors and Acting coaches. $50 Fee Limited enrollment
The PCS production format is unique to Sacramento. All PCS scripts entered are reviewed by local professionals and ten are selected. These ten scriptwriter/producers are then introduced to actors and production teams at the PCS "Cast and Crew Call": Wednesday, May 8, 2019. Production teams are formed and production commences during the summer months. Finally, friends gather at the 7:00PM World Premiere to a packed house at the CREST Theatre on Saturday, October 5, 2019.
To view the films completed for the 2018 & previous PCS film festivals, go to the website
In the nineteen years of PCS, 187 short films have been created. Access Sacramento is a nonprofit, using community media tools and training, to improve local communications in Sacramento County. With our television studio, radio and television production equipment, media lab, mobile production truck, and other gear, we train volunteers and share their work on cable television channels 17 & 18, and cable radio plus KUBU 96.5 FM.