Access Sacramento (Sacramento, California)
Access Sacramento, a nonprofit corporation that has managed public access community media resources since 1986, seeks applications for the position of Executive Director.
Access Sacramento operates two local cable TV channels on each of Sacramento County’s three cable systems, streams the programs online, and manages KUBU, a low-power FM radio station.
Summary Description: The Executive Director is Access Sacramento’s general manager and principal spokesperson. Key responsibilities include ensuring the delivery of community media programming and services. The Executive Director maintains productive relationships with a wide variety of residents and organizations in Sacramento County, and must be:
- An entrepreneur, and the face and voice of Access Sacramento.
- A relationship builder with business and community leaders.
- A promoter/marketer of Access Sacramento to potential underwriters, funders and donors to generate revenue and membership growth.
- A personnel manager who leads the team to higher goals, and earns respect through setting an example that raises the bar.
- A business manager who assures that Access Sacramento performs well and delivers a quality work product.
- A budget manager who operates within available means.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop new and existing sources of revenue and in-kind support.
Prepare budgets and financial statements.
Hire, supervise and evaluate all staff at the department head level.
Develop and oversee outreach, marketing and public relations activities.
Promote a positive image of Access Sacramento.
Work closely with local government officials, educators, businesses, and nonprofit groups.
BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
A minimum of five years of senior management or supervisory experience.
Successful track record in development of new funding sources.
Experience in senior management, marketing/public relations, and human resource development.
Experience in working effectively with diverse populations.
Anticipated Employment Starting Date: February 22, 2021
Applicants must submit three required documents by e-mail to : email@example.com
(1) A completed downloadable job application https://www.accesssacramento.org/file_download/ed-application including:
(a) Salary & benefits requirements;
(b) Professional references;
(2) A cover letter describing how your experience, knowledge and skills match the identified duties, responsibilities and qualifications of this position;
(3) Your current resume
To apply, attach your completed documents to an e-mail a message to: The Buske Group, c/o Randy VanDalsen: firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you have questions about this position e-mail a message to: The Buske Group, c/o Randy VanDalsen: email@example.com .
Applications must be received no later than 5:00pm PST on Monday, January 11, 2021.