2022 “A Place Called Sacramento” Scriptwriting to Film Production Project
Workshop & Event Details & Deadlines
- 2022 Call for Scripts Launch – Tuesday, January 18
- “Short Form Script Writing Class” Workshop – Two Saturdays, Feb 5 & 12, 10 am – Noon 2 two-hour classes on writing “short form” film scripts. Polish your PCS entry or further your film writing skills. Virtual or in-person at the Coloma Community Center. Open to the public, limited enrollment - $50 Fee.
- PCS Script Submission Deadline – Tuesday, March 15 (5 pm) Scripts must be received by the Access Sacramento office staff by 5 pm.
- PCS Script Judging – March 19 – April 5 Number of entries determines number of judging rounds
- PCS Winners Notified (confidential) – Saturday, April 8
- Final Tag Lines & Media Tasks Due – Friday, April 20 Script winners must submit script tag lines, website info, social media info, etc.
- PCS Winners Publicly Announced – Friday, April 22
- “How to Make A Film” Workshop – Two Saturdays, April 30 & May 7 10 am – 1 pm Film production is a team sport! Efficient planning, selecting the right cast and crew, knowing how to pull many schedules together, framing a camera shot, getting great sound and a thousand other questions must be addressed to complete even a short movie. Come learn this and more. Open to the public, limited enrollment - $50 Fee.
- “PCS Pre-production Planning” Mandatory Meeting – Saturday, May 14, 10 am – Noon The ten winning writers gather to receive further instructions, production tips, and share ideas. Participants invited shall include key members of each production team.
- “Camera Ready Make-Up Basics” Workshop – Saturday, May 28, 10 am – 2 pm Learn tips, tricks and make-up techniques that will have you looking (and feeling) good off- and on-camera. Instructor Bunny Stewart. Open to the public, limited enrollment - $50 Fee.
- “Acting for the Camera” Workshop – Saturday, June 4, 10 am – 5:30 pm 10 am – noon classroom training and tips, then 1 pm – 5:30 pm in the studio for on-camera training and tips from an experienced actor/acting coach, Jason Bortz. Please bring your lunch. Open to the public, limited enrollment - $50 Fee.
- Script Graphic Due (First promotional image) – Monday, June 6, 5 pm This image will be used to promote the film on promotional material such as print, web, brochures, etc. (Image dimensions must be 11” W x 17”H vertical, 300dpi JPG or PNG)
- “Post-Production Editing” Mandatory Meeting – Saturday, June 18, 10 am - 2 pm As final editing approaches, winning writers & their editors get tips from festival experts on how to finalize formatting, credits & other questions to meet the deadline.
- Promotional Clip Due – (1 minute in length) – Tuesday, August 2, Noon Clip will be used to promote PCS films during an episode of LiveWire! on local cable TV.
- Final Artwork Poster Due – Monday, August 29, 5 pm (hard deadline) Final film poster digital file at 11” x 14” vertical, 300dpi delivered to Donna Girot.
- Deadline for Final PCS Films – Tuesday, September 6, Noon (hard deadline) Digital files need to be delivered by noon; no exceptions.
- Dates Filmmakers Guest on LiveWire! – in Sept & Oct (9/14, 9/21, 9/28, 10/5) Pick a date! First come first serve. The winning filmmakers will talk with LiveWire! host Ray Tater about their short film what will air premiere at PCS film premiere. Their 1-minute clip will air during the show.
- 2022 PCS World Premiere – Friday, October 14, 2022, 7 pm All completed films premiere on the Big Screen at the Crest Theater in Sacramento. Invite your family, friends and strangers you want to impress…you never know who might be in the audience… a great show about… a place called Sacramento!
Access Sacramento l Your Local Non-profit Community Media Center l 4623 T Street, Suite A, Sacramento www.AccessSacramento.org